Mushrooms are very interesting to study for a number of reasons. While some are edible, others can be used as part of healing practices or even to devise precise methods to treat certain diseases. Science is constantly making progress in this area, and the curiosity of many researchers who study the most famous and delicious mushrooms in nature pretty much knows no bounds.
One of the main area of study regarding mushrooms, however, is the study of poisonous mushrooms and how to avoid them. Unlike psilocybin mushrooms or edible mushrooms, these are not safe at all. In fact, the most dangerous of them can be fatal and the pain and symptoms they may cause are very severe.
From the total of 70-80 different species of mushrooms that can cause death, there are a few that stand out more than others:
- The deadly webcap (Cortinarius rubellus) mushroom is fatal to anyone who consumes it due to a substance known as orellanin. This substance causes flu-like symptoms due to toxins being pumped into the organs. Because its symptoms often lead to misdiagnosis, it can lead to gradual liver failure and death.
- Conocybe filaris looks innocent enough, but it contains mycotoxins that kick in 6-24 hours after consumption causing severe gastrointestinal symptoms. Signs of recovery may be illusive, and if left untreated, the problem can eventually lead to liver and kidney failure.
- The death cap (Amanita phalloides) is probably the deadliest of all dangerous mushrooms. It is found throughout Europe and can be mistaken for edible straw mushrooms. The death cap causes violent stomach pain and vomiting 6-12 hours after consumption, and it eventually attacks the liver, kidneys and nervous system.
Despite the above information, please note that many mushrooms are safe and edible. If you are looking for a reputable and safe mushroom spore kit for purchase, contact Mush Love Genetics for superior quality products.